The ECU / NC State Collaborative is a partnership between two of the state’s leading academic players. Its purpose is to bring much-needed university resources to eastern North Carolina, and empower the local community with the tools needed to further their education.
- The N.C. Department of Commerce annually ranks the state’s 100 counties based on economic well-being and assigns each a Tier designation. The 40 most distressed counties are designated as Tier 1, the next 40 as Tier 2, and the 20 least distressed as Tier 3.
- Rocky Mount, NC – located 60 miles east of Raleigh/Durham – sits in one of many Tier 1 counties in the region.
- In May, 2004, Senate Bill 1239 was passed to “extend advanced educational opportunities to eastern NC through the Gateway Technology Center.”
- NC Wesleyan College, a local private college, donated land to the project.
- In 2006, this land became the home of the Gateway Technology Center, an amazing collaboration between local businesses, private and public universities, community colleges, and K-12 school systems.
- It was here that the ECU / NC State Collaborative was established.
- Annual Report Year Ending 2018
The goal of the ECU/NC State Collaborative is to provide easily accessible educational options to members of the greater Rocky Mount community. Please let us know how we can help you.
Gateway Technology Center
3400 N. Wesleyan Blvd.
Rocky Mount, NC 27804